Monday, January 28, 2013

Art Monday: My Art Lately

I have a lot going on with my art right now. It's a given that when taking a lot of classes for your major, you are going to have a lot going on in that direction . . . but I mean that I have A LOT going on with my art right now.

The most important contributions being made to my portfolio though are the works I am creating in my printmaking course and in my independent study. In printmaking I am continuing to work on an idea I came up with last year: my native girls.

Here is my girl from last year:

I showed her a little while back in a post about my floating head tendencies, found here. My latest linoleum block is just about ready for final prints, with my first pulls looking like this:
But these aren't the only floating heads I have worked on recently. I also finished a painting before Winter Break:

So I am definitely making head way . . . pun intended? But then I also have the final drawing of my three part series I started last year also. You may remember the first two girls from the post Progress Shall Be Made! Well the third girl is proving quite interesting thus far. This lady is being drawn to supposedly fit in between the other two. Here she is:

Nothing on this is really finished yet, but I thought I would give you a glimpse. I also have another print I'm about to make along the tribal girl lines, a few collages to be converted in to paintings, and even more collages to create. Whew. One. Project. At. A. Time.

What do you think? You should pick up a pencil yourself and get to sketching.

Auf Wiedersehen!



Being busy does not always mean real work. The object of all work is production or accomplishment and to either of these ends there must be forethought, system, planning, intelligence, and honest purpose, as well as perspiration. Seeming to do is not doing. Thomas A. Edison 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips