Sunday, July 15, 2012

Heads Are Gonna Float


Recently I have been doing a lot of busts of women in my art, or as my adviser likes to call them, floating heads. I quite often get comments about the girls being me, although I'm not entirely convinced they actually mean the girls look like me but that they reflect something about me.

I hadn't drawn in quite some time, but today I finally had images to work from and the foresight that the semester will be starting soon so I should put down some of the ideas I've had floating around my head.

Here are a few of my floating head girls. Do you see me in them?

preliminary Indian Girl sketch
Indian Girl, linoleum print

Masked Girl, monotype print

Masked Girl, monotype print

Dia de los Muertos, mixed media

Dia de los Muertos Queen, sketch

Thoughts about art: A guilty conscience needs to confess. A work of art is a confession. - Albert Camus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips