Thursday, August 16, 2012

Image Roundup: Crafting Ideas


I am in with love crafting, making old things new, refurbishing furniture, and doing things that, in general, enhance a living space. Using a hammer is fun, spray paint can completely change a room, and taking something apart to put something better back together is a huge thrill.

The word “visionary” comes to mind when I think of what kind of people look at some old piece of junk and see how beautiful it could be, either in a perfect location or with a new coat of paint. I find myself cruising the streets of Findlay looking at all the old houses even and thinking about the fresh face I could bring to this city. It's a massive dream of mine to flip at least one house in my future.

In the meantime, however, I will settle for using crafting to bring new life to old things. When I am sitting around twiddling my thumbs, I like to skim through my Crafts board on Pinterest for ideas of things I could be creating. So, here are some crafts I really love from my board that I hope to be accomplishing soon:

DIY Sharpie a stencil on a plate. Bake at 350 for 10 mins = permanent
DIY Sharpie a stencil on a plate. Bake at 350 for 10 mins = permanent


Piece of wood, 4 legs, padding then staple fabric
Piece of wood, 4 legs, padding then staple fabric



DIY t shirt dresses. SO CUTE! 



Painted "wallpaper"- using a stencil
Painted "wallpaper"- using a stencil


  



The Daily Telecraft: DIY: Mystic Shoe ... diy canvas shoes
The Daily Telecraft: DIY: Mystic Shoe ... diy canvas shoes

Creativity is a drug I cannot live without. - Cecil B. DeMille

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I am so glad that you like my Mystic Shoes! You can make your own with this tutorial: http://www.thedailytelecraft.com/2012/06/diy-mystic-shoe.html

    Enjoy! Send pics if you make them!

    Best,
    -Katie from The Daily Telecraft

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips