Monday, August 20, 2012

Don't Kill Time... Slay It


And so begins my senior year. It is so crazy to think that 3 years ago I was taking my first college course ever. Has it really been that long??? This weekend I was walking along, being all shocked at how fast the time has gone, repeating over and over “I feel so old.” Then the guy in front of me turned around and snapped me back to reality by asking “how old are you?” He had a good point... who can feel old when they have to reply “21”?

I don't really feel old though. I don't think I'll ever actually feel old. However, it does feel surreal that I am a senior in college. It's just one of those steps, I suppose, that makes you look back as well as forward. It makes you ask questions like did I do everything I wanted? What do I want to do next?

I saw this great quote today on Pinterest.

john irving

I've got a life I love, and I don't consider that to be trite just because I'm young. I really love my life, so now is where I step up and live it.

Clocks slay time... time is dead as long as it is being clicked off by little wheels; only when the clock stops does time come to life. - William Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips