Sunday, July 8, 2012

6 Things I Want To Do


I have come up with a list of 6 things I want to do, hopefully in the next 5 years, that are either insane things that most people would never dream of or life long wishes of mine. I plan to add considerably to this list.

I think goals are like dreams: if you don't put them down on paper within 5 min, they'll be gone to you forever.

  1. Own a Horse
    This has been a hope of mine since I was 9. Most girls love horses and collect all the little figurines and stuffed animals. I was obsessed. I learned everything there was to know about the breeds, how to take care of one, the terminology . . . everything. There wasn't anyone who knew me that didn't believe I was on track to become an equine veterinarian. However, it turns out that my love for drawing horses was a bit stronger than my love for taking care of sick ones. Still, though, there is no animal like a horse. If you think dogs are a man's best friend, think again.
    my dream horse: Shadowfax
  1. Tag a City
    When I think about leaving my mark in art, this isn't exactly what I mean, but there is something about breaking the rules and making art that go hand in hand. I would love to go out a couple different nights in some city and make graffiti. I don't think this will happen in Findlay, but I definitely have kept an eye open for good spots.

  1. Travel Across America
    This is more of a recent thought. I am thinking that hiking it would be for me, but a small part of me wants to get a motorcycle and do it (I have Motorcycle Diaries to thank for that). I really don't know what I would hope to accomplish by it, but the idea of all the people I would meet along the way, all of the places I would see, and all of the experiences I would have . . . it's enough to make me want to pack right now.
    a possible route
  1. Hike the Appalachian
    I can't explain all of why I want to do this. All I can really say is that I love the mountains, I love hiking, and the idea of what it means to make that hike.

  1. Go to Ireland
    I wrote a whole post about this: Oh, Ireland. This may have to be the second to last of the 6 that I complete (right before number 1), because I'm not sure I could come back. This goal is so important to me that if someone handed me a plane ticket today I would go. Today.

  1. Open My Own Business
    What my business will be isn't completely settled, although I have my ideas. I watch every road for a good building. I watch marketing, packaging, and branding trends. I think of what name I would give my business. The layout of the store. What kind of people I would hire. How I would get all the work done. Who I could hire trustworthy enough to allow me to still travel. I constantly go over the details. I do think I will end up doing something with either furniture design or art showing. This would be my baby.

Quote on dreams: A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. - Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips