Thursday, June 7, 2012

Oh, Ireland


Do you ever dream of going to a place your entire life? I'm not talking about dreaming about the beach all winter long, I mean a place you long to go because you just know that personally it means something to you on a deeper level to connect to the air, the ground, the people there. Not a place where you want to go relax or shop. Somewhere you would go and try every food, every beer, see every National Park, see every city, talk to everyone your path crossed.

For me, that dream is Ireland. I came close when I lived in England for 2 years, but even if I had visited then I would still want to go now. No other place seems to matter as much to me. It would be amazing to visit Norway, Alaska, Argentina, Spain . . . anywhere in the world. But no matter how badly I would like to see somewhere else, I would turn it all down for Ireland.

Where is your dream?

Here are pictures I have collected on my Pinterest board Outside. Check out these and more on my profile.
The Dark Hedges in Antrim, Ireland.
The Dark Hedges in Antrim, Ireland
Cliffs of Moher, Ireland
Cliffs of Moher, Ireland
Giant's Causeway by Jim Richardson . . . ireland
Giant's Causeway by Jim Richardson
Ben Bulben, County Sligo, Ireland
Ben Bulben, County Sligo, Ireland
Skellig Michael, Ireland
Skellig Michael, Ireland
cork county, ireland... where my family's from.   someday... i'll go there ?
cork county, ireland... where my family's from
cork county, ireland
cork county, ireland       

One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.Henry Miller

1 comment:

  1. I wanna travel Europe. Like you, Ireland is my focus cuz my great-great-grandparents were from there but in any case I'd love to see at least a part of a lot of different countries.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips