Friday, June 8, 2012

Eating Miami


One of the best parts about traveling is eating new food, and I'm going to let you in on a few restaurants I have eaten at on my travels and here in Miami. Some of these are chain restaurants that constantly deliver great food, while others were exploration. Enjoy and go do some exploring of your own!

Pappadeaux - DFW Airport


Beringer Founders’ Estate,  Cabernet Sauvignon, California  - Absolutely excellent

Crawfish Etouffee with white rice - Amazing!
We also had a slice of their sweet potato pecan pie that was super delicious. This restaurant is a go-to favorite of my mother and I. The servers are always well-informed and take great care of you. Their sister restaurants are just as impressive!

Sushi Maki - Coral Gables

This place had THE cutest and most artsy decor!!

Delish iced green tea.

spicy tuna amazingness

dragon roll!! best cooked sushi I've had


on the chopstick package they had different uses your sticks :)
I really enjoyed this place. Our waitress was super friendly and attentive. My mother was less than pleased with her rice noodle dish: Tai Pad Rice Noodles extra spicy. I loved that they had a bubble tea selection on their menu and my sushi was amazing.


limonfresca - it was too much for me, so I got a wine instead 

PASTA FIORENTINA


LIMONCELLO BREAD PUDDING


I apparently didn't look like I was having enough fun, because halfway through my  decanter, my waiter brought me another one... "on de house". 
Carrabbas is ALWAYS great. They always have great staff and great food. This particular restaurant I really enjoyed. Their tables are always pretty dark though so if you have trouble seeing, make sure you take reading glasses!



sangria!

Lamb stew with black beans and rice and fried plantains (shown below) 

my camera had a bit too much sangria ...

the remains of a great tres leches dessert 

our beer for the night, a Dominican beer: Presidente
All of my pictures from this restaurant turned out like crap since it was so dark already when we went out. The food was really good, although I was expecting more flavor. I also had a bowl of black beans with my meal. I loved the plantains, beans and rice, and black beans! The lamb was really tender and cooked well. 


I had to get an Irish beer... and I've been informed I like Ale, so it was an easy choice!

Brie Cheese Toast on Baguette 

NY Strip Steak, Gaelic Style with Mashed Potatoes (if you go to an Irish Pub and don't get SOME kind of potato, you aren't living)

Key Lime Pie - note the heart of sauce

Creme Brulee - my mother's dessert
Every dish we ordered was great: very well presented, well flavored, cooked exactly to order. The only thing I found disappointing was that there seemed to be a lot more French and Italian dishes than Irish. Other than that they music, service and food was all amazing.

Thoughts on food: The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook - Julia Child

2 comments:

  1. Great post - made me hungry for sushi... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I craved sushi all day after posting this too!

      Delete

Blogging tips