Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Southernmost Point


Yesterday we took a trip down to Key West. The whole drive was beautiful and quite the experience. We didn't get to do too much, but we played on the beach, so what else matters? After reading Baseball, Apple Pie and Driving Until You're Lost yesterday by Evan Rowland, I was thinking about what it means to escape. For me it's a good book, because even traveling isn't wholly an escape to me since every experience I have is crucial to staying creative.

So here is the photo evidence:




I spent much of the day reading. What's more of an escape than feeling as though your on the beaches of a completely different world?




What do you do to 'escape' everyday life?

Thoughts on escaping: No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality. Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips