Monday, June 4, 2012

Which, Of Course, Means A Whale's Vagina


Making things is a passion of mine, but it is really difficult to keep up while traveling. For the next two weeks I will be in Miami, Florida (there will be a lot of pictures) and it makes me sad that this may be the only look-at-the-thing-I-made post for a while.

Before leaving Texarkana I completed a great pair of turquoise and wood earrings for my sister-in-law, Nicole. The plan was originally to make a second pair just like them for myself except gold with the wood, but I am rethinking that after spending about 3 hours on this one pair. I will probably end up making a completely different looking pair for myself though.

I have 2 sets of earrings to share with you today, both of which are derived from Pinterest inspirations. Actually, I really just set out to copy these more expensive earrings.

Set 1:

SALE - Neon Aztec - Faux Leather Feather Earrings - Electric Pink / or Blue -  FREE SHIP
The inspiration . . . 



Set 2:

hmmm. i could make these :)
The inspiration . . . 






I really love the way both of these turned out. I got a lot of compliments on my feather earrings and Nicole seemed to love her's. Copying others designs is not really what I like to do but I also really liked these earrings and wanted them, so took the less expensive route of making them myself. Is there anything you do yourself that helps you cut fashion costs?

Thoughts on cutting costs: A psychiatrist asks a lot of expensive questions your wife asks for nothing. - Joey Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips