Monday, June 18, 2012

Ninety And Nine


Last night I got some much needed crafting time. In all honesty, it was a craft-athon. I worked on a few birthday gifts, made bracelets, decoupaged notebooks, and even did some design work on a wallet I recently acquired for a dollar.

I probably would not have done so much (and stayed up until 4am) had I not been completely obligated to go check out Texarkana's new Dollar Tree. My sister-in-law and I went to town there. She was a bit more responsible than I, since she had a list of projects and supplies she was looking for, but when you go to a dollar store and spend $40 on supplies, you're in for a night of making.

I got the idea for my wallet from …Love Megan, the bracelets I found on Pinterest, and of course the notebooks weren't that hard to think up so really they were an opportunity to just apply style. I will show you how I made the bracelets, but let me warn you, there has to be a better way.





these turned out a lot messier than what I had hoped, but sometimes you just can't hand-make something and not have it look handmade (and sometimes, that's the point)





the crafts of the night, minus the birthday gifts, of course



so I guess I'm set for the upcoming semester... (minus the dreaded books)

my new wallet couldn't look as though it belongs with my things any more than it does



Thoughts on making things: The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true. - Edgar Allan Poe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips