Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I'm Dreaming Of A Gold Christmas

It has been a while. In the past weeks I have constantly thought about what awesome post I could write, only to remind myself that I had multiple paintings to finish, thousands of words to type, and hundreds of answers to select. I have now dubbed the week leading up to Finals Week as Project Week. I even overheard a girl whining to her mom on the phone about how last week was really more stressful than this one (finals).

But, alas, it is all over now and I have but one small paper to turn in, goods to collect and then I’m off to Chicago to see Punch Brothers perform. Then it’s down to Texas to help my mom unpack from her recent move and time to work on applications to MFA programs. Do I get a break?

In celebration of the Christmas season though, I have put together an awesome grouping of Etsy products for which you should strongly consider returning those big name gifts you bought. The theme is I’m Dreaming Of A Gold Christmas.

Golden Bar Necklace by laonato on Etsy



Gold Sugar Owl Screen Print
Gold Sugar Owl by liwbanks  



Gold framed Mirror Set of Three in Small Ornate Vintage Frames
Gold Framed Mirror Set by SecretWindowMirrors



Gold Mounted Triceratops Dinosaur Wall Plaque
Gold Mounted Triceratops Wall Plaque by MostlySunnie 


Cream lace and gold tulle skirt for women. Weddings, special occasion lined tutu skirt. Black or golden sashed waist.
Cream Lace and Gold Tulle Skirt by TutusChicBoutique


GOLD //// plated wild deer pin
Gold Plated Wild Deer Pin by LeMatch


Oak Leaf Earrings - Gold Brass - Woodland Forest - Autumn - Fall - Thanksgiving - Miniature leaves - Black Friday
Oak Leaf Earrings Gold by FawningInLove


Metallic push-up bra with gold multi spikes
Metallic Push Up Bra with Gold Spikes by laroxxhollywood


MADE TO ORDER Abstract Textured Gold and White Modern Contemporary Painting
Abstract Textured Gold and White by ArtByCornelia

In the upcoming weeks I will update you on which masters programs I am applying to, and show you my finished drawing that I showed you the in-progress work last post. I also finished two more paintings after weeks of not picking up a brush. I don’t know why, but for some reason the added pressures of Project Week and Finals makes me want to paint like crazy.

Let me know what you think of my gift ideas!

Our talents are the gift that God gives to us... What we make of our talents is our gift back to God ― Leo Buscaglia

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking the time to create this very lovely post, and for including my earrings. I adore all your picks and even recognize a few already favorited! Good luck on your finals and happy holidays!!! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank so much Whitney, this looks beautiful! Right now I'm fantasizing about laying on that amazing couch while wearing that gold push up bra :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That's crazy... that is exactly what I want to do.

      Delete

Blogging tips