Monday, October 15, 2012

Get Your Mind On {Happiness}


I'm a bit behind, but like a classic college student I have an excuse. Friday was supposed to be a guest blog day, as in, I wrote a guest blog but it hasn't been published yet. Sadness. So that just means that today and probably tomorrow you will have the joy of reading two of my posts. Try to control the excitement.


Take a breathI don't know about you, but sometimes I feel overwhelmed, and/or down on myself, and/or like I'm going to hurt someone if I don't get out of my apartment. You may know what I mean.

Generally I like to take this opportunity to do something that helps me feel good about myself, like trying on new shoes (no matter how I feel about my body that day, the shoes will fit the same). But the point is to take your mind off of your problems. If you find yourself obsessing over an issue, like perhaps an impending conversation with someone, a test, or maybe your bank account, worrying over the issue will do you more harm.

Getting your mind off of an issue will also help you figure out a better solution more quickly. How so? When your mind is stressed it resorts to set thinking patterns and squashes all ability to think abstractly. Abstract thought is “thinking outside of the box” which if you are to the point of frustration when problem solving, is probably what you need.

Take the time to get your mind off of your problems. You will not only feel less stressed, but you'll see an end in sight even faster! Take it from someone who knows:

Sometimes when people are under stress, they hate to think, and it's the time when they most need to think. - William J. Clinton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips