Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Oh, How I Love This Team ...


Yes. My first rugby game was amazing. Who knew so much aggression could be bottled up in this little, [currently] blonde lady? For all of the people who just laughed or rolled their eyes at that . . . you know the look I'm giving you.

The stats (as far as anyone cared to record) : Ashland 15 – Findlay 25. I scored 2 tries, worth 5pts each. Countless tackles, rucks, and scrums. Hoorah! Post-game excitement doesn't quite show how miserable I felt about 10min in to the first half. However, the pain of not being able to breathe is quickly overcome by the thrill of throwing your opponent to the ground, or being smashed to the dirt yourself.

It makes me do this every time:


So. Here are a few amazing pictures and ads I found for rugby, and then after the line are some pictures that were taken at the game of me so that you can share in my excitement.











Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen. - Winston Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips