Monday, August 27, 2012

Hair We Go...


There have been a lot of lavender hair styles on Pinterest lately, with shades ranging from deep purple to pastels... most of which I love. So, naturally, I get the grand idea that I will bleach and then dye my hair myself! You may already realize my flaw, but bare with me, because what is a better learning experience than seeing what someone else does wrong?

Here is the hair color I started with:

I'm a natural light brunette, and about 3in out from my roots there was a lot of red from previous colorings. Turns out, red is not only the hardest color to keep in your hair, but it is also the hardest to get out!

I purchased Splat Lightening Bleach (2 packages)... and after the first go around with bleaching, I was to this:

To me, I looked like Goldie from Sin City...

Tacky. Right?

So then I got another 2 packages, and got to this:
Oh la la face...

Hey look, I'm the Lorax! (just go with it)



Then it was time to try dying it purple! This was finally the exciting part. So here were the steps:
Necessary supplies: cling wrap, conditioner, Kool-Aid of choice, mixing utensils 

I mixed 6 tablespoons of powder with just enough water to make a paste that was NOT runny.

Add some conditioner.

Uncertain face... a key ingredient when dying with Kool-Aid. Plus it looked like I had dipped my hair in oil.

Wrap it up in cling wrap.


For extra caution, I also wrapped an old t-shirt around my head.

I slept on it over night, woke up like it was Christmas morning, rinsed my hair to step out to the same exact super blonde color I had the night before. What the... ? Apparently, I have to actually color it, not just dye it, because I stripped out everything the dye could cling to when I bleached it. Well, shoot.



Guess I'll try something different.
Oh well, for today?

Don't fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips