Sunday, July 1, 2012

Paint and Powder


I don't normally do my nails since they always seem to get chipped right away or acrylic paint all over them, making it pointless. However, since I saw a great tutorial from TheBeauty Department I have been looking for the colors they used because the blue is my all-time favorite type of blue and I love gold accents.







Two coats of the base color. It is really important to let your original layer dry all the way because that gives the rest of your layers a solid foundation and will (hopefully) keep your nails chip-free for longer.



Instead of doing a line straight across my nail like a traditional french manicure, I have been doing a diagonal line across my nails for the past 3 years for 2 reasons: the diagonal line is easier to make because you can just roll your finger away from you (and it isn't so obvious if you goof up), and because the diagonal line {nerd alert} makes for a more interesting composition on your nail.



Some laughs: A ship is always referred to as "she" because it costs so much to keep one in paint and powder. - Chester W. Nimitz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips