Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Que Sera, Sera



whatever will be, will be.
One of my biggest fears every day is that I'm wasting my time. I have to ability to apply this fear to almost everything in my life: school, art, writing, loving... especially loving. I think it is only natural for a person to want to see an outcome from everything they put their efforts in to. For me, I feel as though keeping my lack of time in mind helps me make decisions since I will always choose what makes me happiest in that regard. But then when I think of how young I am and how long I could live, God willing, it makes things more difficult and hazy.
please. let's.
There are two different ways to live for today, one of those ways being to say 'screw my future and everything uncertain, because nothing is promised and I might as well think only of myself'. But the other way has a lot more to do with security. There is danger in certain kinds of security, but I'm talking about feeling at peace and being free: security in oneself.

Yes, you only live once, and it can be a long life where you not only have to live with your decisions but others do as well. Everyone wants to be happy though, and if you live your life worrying how your decisions will pan out and waiting for the time of your life where you get to start enjoying the things you love, it will never come. Now is the time to be happy with your life, those in it, and everything about yourself. Take the time to figure out who you are. Do the things that make you happy. Call the people you love. It will surprise you how much these simple things will lead you to appreciating yourself more, and that really is important to embrace the you that God has made. There is no better way to give praise.
.
Thoughts on time: The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. - Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips