Monday, August 6, 2012

Looking Ahead


Today marks 2 weeks until classes start and I have completely taken the past couple of days in stride. I really have a great feeling about this semester and am looking forward to all of my classes for one reason of another. I am going to have a lot of independent work expected of me this semester, both for my independent study in art and to prep for my senior show that will happen in the spring.

Plus I'm excited to start applying to universities for my next degree in Ecology! Right now I am looking at the University of Colorado, and, my lifelong dream, the University of Texas. I don't think there is any reason a university would not accept me based on my scholastic achievement, except maybe they would be unimpressed at my inability to proofread my writing, but I am really looking to receive some scholarship money. This is one of those times where I am so excited that I'm nervous.


But anyway, this semester should be great. I have no reason to not get all A's and to really kick butt. Easy peasey!

Now to get a job.

I just recently watched Fahrenheit 451, a 60s movie based on Ray Bradbury's book with the same title. Even though the movie was dated, the ideas and warnings Bradbury gave us are still prevelant and haunting. Give it a watch! Or better yet, give it a read.

I don't try to describe the future. I try to prevent it. - Ray Bradbury

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips