Thursday, July 19, 2012

Strawberry Crostata

Yesterday evening I pulled on my Martha Stewart pants and got to baking. I saw a recipe on Pinterest for a blueberry crostata and pretty much used it as a jumping off point, mostly because I have zero patience for reading instructions and just looked through the how-to pictures. Some of the steps I skipped may be somehow beneficial to the crostata, but it turned out delicious without them, so oh well! Oh, and I don't really measure when I cook.



You will need:
Pie Crusts
Berries (preferably fresh)
Sugar
Pure Vanilla Extract
Butter

Preheat your over to 400F.

Overturn one crust onto a parchment papered pan, flattening it out and then adding dough from the other crust to the edges (if desired).

Place another sheet of parchment paper over the crusts and roll them out.

In a bowl, mix your berries with some sugar and a dash of vanilla.

Spread out your berries. It's ok if you don't use them all... it's better to have a controlled even layer than to end up with a heap of inedible mess in the middle.

Plop two slices of butter on top of the berries.

At this point I cut up what was left of the other crust and did a little pathetic decoration.

Bake at 400F for 30ish minutes.

 Voila!

Thoughts on baking: Sure, you can mix the flour, baking soda, salt, shortening, and the whole nine yards, but why wouldn't you just pull out a box of Bisquick? - Sandra Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips