Tuesday, July 17, 2012

7 Days of Driving


This Friday my brother and I are taking a 7 day roadtrip. I know, I know, I just told you about (half of) the destinations for my drive home, but this trip is really getting me pumped. We're hitting up a bunch of National Parks which I have drooled over for years, and never seen. This also means it may be really difficult for me to post during that week, but I will try to at least get some pictures up for you!



The plan is to make a stop at each location, collect a post card, mail it to myself, and then create a book like this one from Curiosity Contained. I plan to do this on my solo trip to Ohio as well. Hopefully it will make for an awesome memoir. . . I really only wish I had found this idea sooner and had done it all summer.

fuckyeahbookarts:

Beautiful!
craftedbooks:

by memorelli
From Curiosity Contained . . . of course theirs is from Paris . . . rude

Why I travel: Adventure is a path. Real adventure – self-determined, self-motivated, often risky – forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world. The world the way it is, not the way you imagine it. Your body will collide with the earth and you will bear witness. In this way you will be compelled to grapple with the limitless kindness and bottomless cruelty of humankind – and perhaps realize that you yourself are capable of both. This will change you. Nothing will ever again be black-and-white. – Mark Jenkins

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, that postcard book is a fabulous idea! Love your comment regarding Paris. XD

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips