Friday, May 25, 2012

Shoes Make the Day


Today is my birthday! Some pretty big things have happened in the past year, and today is my personal new year. I get to reflect on all of the stupid things I have done, all of the wonderful accomplishments and so on and so forth. But I actually don't want to share any philosophical inner thoughts today; mostly because it's my birthday and I'm feeling lazy and thinking about the finer things in life. One of those finer things in life for me in shoes, a personal guilty pleasure, although I guess for it to truly be a guilty pleasure I would have to feel guilty about loving them.

I have a large amount of shoes. I won't be giving out any specific number because, well, maybe there is a little guilt in me. I collect everything from dainty, strappy high heels, to boring flip flops, to hiking boots, riding boots, business heels, cowboy boots, wedges, pumps, stilettos, mary janes, flats, Jesus sandals … I have a lot. Today though I would like to share 4 special shoes that go with 4 dresses I am considering wearing this weekend. Prepare yourself for a lot of photos.

The four dresses:

The four shoes:










But he is an Italian," was Umberto's sensible reply. "He doesn't care if you break some law a little bit, as long as you wear beautiful shoes. Are you wearing beautiful shoes? Are you wearing the shoes I gave you?...principessa?"
I looked down at my flip-flops. "I guess I'm toast.” ― Anne FortierJuliet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips