Monday, May 28, 2012

If You Do It Right, Once Is Enough

What do you deserve? Do you deserve freedom? Rights? Choices? Respect? Do you deserve love? What about to die? Punishment? Judgment? Do you deserve better? The best? Payment? Your job? To be happy?

To deserve: v Do something or have or show qualities worthy of (reward or punishment)
synonyms: merit – earn – rate – worth

Here is a secret: you do not deserve anything. That isn't fair, we work so hard for everything we achieve. Certainly I earned my 3.5 GPA this semester. Certainly I earn respect. Oh and of course I earn punishment and judgment. Absolutely not. So am I saying these are all gifts or bad things put on my life by random and I have no part in my destiny?

Nope. All I am saying is that because I deserve nothing, I am free. It is the greatest gift ever given to man. You do not owe any other person anything. Because owing is the brother of deserving. I do not deserve God's love, and I do not owe anything for it. It is given to me freely. I do not deserve to be a child of America. Maybe some people would argue that our government does demand a debt for living here, but do you deserve all of the greatness this country has to offer? I know I don't. I don't deserve my rights. They are given to me. I do not deserve to die for anything I have done, but you know what, I will one day.

So what is the point if we neither owe nor deserve anything? To be happy. Not because you deserve it, because if you live your life trying to deserve happiness you will never attain it. Be happy because you are. Take love for example: when two people promise each other to love one another forever they take out any clause about time. How could you ever work to deserve something when there is no time? How can you ever be happy if there is a stipulation of time? Now is the only time you get. There is no other time than now. Even as you read this your Now has progressed but is still in the same spot. Enjoy your work now. Enjoy your time now. Enjoy those who are put in your life now, but not to the extent that your happiness depends on them. You are alive. You have purpose. Your purpose is not the same as mine, but it is there for you to find. I do not deserve anything. I do not owe anything. I am free.

ccwall Christian Computer Wallpaper Freedom
If the Son sets you free you will be free indeed.



Think on this: The highest form of human intelligence is to observe yourself without judgment.
Jiddu Krishnamurti


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips